Overlooking the city of Santo Tirso, the Monte de Nossa Senhora da Assunção, located in the parish of Monte Córdova, has a high natural value and a great touristic potential, due to its landscape characteristics.
The sanctuary, by the initiative of the Brotherhood of Nossa Senhora da Assunção, came to substitute the Old Chapel, built in 1901, on the slope of Monte Córdova.
This project, of great monumentality, was designated to the architect Ernesto Korrodi, in 1919, by the action of Commander Albino de Sousa Cruz.
Currently, it is a magnificent example of art of Roman-Gothic inspiration, having in its interior a beautiful image of Our Lady of the Assumption, by the sculptor João da Fonseca Lapa.
Composed of a Greek cross plan, this building has architectural elements of Neo-Romanesque style, such as the rose windows, the band of lambada on the façade, the imposing towers and buttresses.
An unmissable monument whose visibility extends between municipalities, and from where you can even see the ocean! All this, a short walk away from Quinta das Leiras. Well worth a visit!